Prior to consuming any products from My Muscle Chef Pty Ltd it is important to note that we make a variety of dishes in our kitchen. We cannot guarantee any products sold on our website are completely free from any allergen such as dairy, peanuts, egg, sesame seeds, fish, crustacean, soy, tree nuts, sulphites and gluten.
Although we purchase all our fish fillets boneless, our supplier cannot guarantee the 100% removal of all bones. So, we do advise caution when consuming the fish meals as they MAY contain bones.
Care is taken to ensure the exact amounts are included in each meal. However, please allow for a 5g to 10g discrepancy in the actual weight of the meals. Furthermore, for our plain meals the weights are 200g, 300g and 400g for the small, medium and large sizes respectively as no sauce is included in these meals.
If you have a life threatening allergy it is advisable you do not purchase meals from My Muscle Chef Pty Ltd as we cannot guarantee the complete absence of these ingredients from our products.
- We respect your privacy
My Muscle Chef Pty Ltd (MMC) ABN: 92 162 190 070 respects your right to privacy and this policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
“Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
- What personal information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- phone number
- email address
- ip address of the computer you are using
- information about the goods or services you have ordered
- information from enquiries you have made
- communications between us
- credit card information
- medical information
- How we collect your personal information
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including: when you interact with us electronically or in person; when you access our website; and when we provide our services to you.
- Use of your personal informationWe use your information to provide our service to you. We also use it to improve our service and to notify you of opportunities that we think you might be interested in.
We do not provide your information to third parties, except that we may provide your information to our business partners who assist us in the provision of our services to you.
We may store your Personal Information in locations outside the direct control of MMC, for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers.
- Disclosure of your personal information overseas
- Security of your personal information
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However we are not liable for any unauthorised access to this information.
- Access to your personal information
You can access and update your personal information by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We may charge a reasonable administration fee for this access.
- Complaints about privacy
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to:
- Mail: c/o Privacy Officer, My Muscle Chef Pty Ltd PO Box 197, Casula Mall, Casula NSW 2170.
- Email: email@example.com
When you visit our website
When you come on to our website we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
If you wish to opt out of having cookies set on your browser, the only way to ensure that this happens is to manage the settings on your web browser to delete all cookies and disallow further acceptance of cookies. For more information, refer to your browser's technical information. Note that disabling cookies on your browser prevents MMC from tracking your activities in relation to our Website and Services. However, it may also disable many of the features available through our Websites and Services. We therefore recommend that you leave cookies enabled.
Third party sites
Our site has links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. We are not responsible for these sites or the consequences of you going on to those sites.
For that reason these Terms are important and you should ensure that you read them carefully and contact us with any questions before you use the Site. You can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
By using the Site you acknowledge and agree that you have had sufficient chance to read and understand the Terms and you agree to be bound by them. If you do not agree to the Terms, please do not use the Site.
- Licence to use Site
- We grant you a non-exclusive, worldwide, non-transferable licence to use the Site in accordance with these Terms.
- You may access and use the Site (including any incidental copying that occurs as part of that use) in the normal manner and may also print one copy of any page within the Site for your own personal, non-commercial use.
- You must not add any content to the Site:
- unless you hold all necessary rights, licences and consents to do so;
- that would cause you or us to breach any law, regulation, rule, code or other legal obligation;
- that is or could reasonably be considered to be obscene, inappropriate, defamatory, disparaging, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, threatening, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence or in breach of privacy;
- that would bring us, or the Site, into disrepute; or
- that infringes the intellectual property or other rights of any person.
- The Site contains links to other websites as well as content added by people other than us. We do not endorse, sponsor or approve any such user generated content or any content available on any linked website.
- You acknowledge and agree that:
- we retain complete editorial control over the Site and may alter, amend or cease the operation of the Site at any time in our sole discretion; and
- the Site will not operate on a continuous basis, and may be unavailable from time to time (including for maintenance purposes).
- Intellectual property rights
- Nothing in these Terms constitutes a transfer of any intellectual property rights. You acknowledge and agree that, as between you and us, we own all intellectual property rights in the Site.
- By posting or adding any content onto the Site, you grant us a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide and transferable right and licence to use that content in any way (including, without limitation, by reproducing, changing, and communicating the content to the public) and permit us to authorise any other person to do the same thing.
- You consent to any act or omission which would otherwise constitute an infringement of your moral rights, and if you add any content in which any third party has moral rights, you must also ensure that the third party also consents in the same manner.
- The licence in paragraph (c) will survive any termination of these Terms.
- You represent and warrant to us that you have all necessary rights to grant the licences and consents set out in paragraphs (b) and (c).
You represent and warrant to us that:
- you have the legal capacity to enter these Terms; and
- you have complied with clause 1(c).
- To the full extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability in respect of loss of data, interruption of business or any consequential or incidental damages.
- To the full extent permitted by law, we exclude all representations, warranties or terms (whether express or implied) other than those expressly set out in these Terms.
- These Terms are to be read subject to any legislation which prohibits or restricts the exclusion, restriction or modification of any implied warranties, conditions, guarantees or obligations. If such legislation applies, to the extent possible, we limit our liability in respect of any claim to, at our option:
- in the case of goods:
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of the goods;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the payment of having the goods repaired; and
- in the case of services:
- the supply of the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
- These Terms terminate automatically if, for any reason, we cease to operate the Site.
- We may otherwise terminate these Terms immediately, on notice to you, if you have breached these Terms in any way.
- You must not assign, sublicence or otherwise deal in any other way with any of your rights under these Terms.
- If a provision of these Terms is invalid or unenforceable, it is to be read down or severed to the extent necessary without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- Each party must at its own expense do everything reasonably necessary to give full effect to this Agreement and the events contemplated by it.
- These terms are governed by the laws of New South Wales and each party submits to the jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.
- Order Cancellations
We use fresh ingredients weekly and cook our meals fresh to order every week. Due to this reason to cancel your order you must notify us within 24 hours of placing the order. Unfortunately, any cancellation requests made after this time cannot be honoured as your meals will already be prepared. Therefore, you will be charged the full amount of the order. Please contact us if you would like to cancel your order.
- Weekly & Fortnightly Direct Debit Service
- Once you sign up for our direct debit service you will be charged on the same day every week or fortnight based your region. NSW & ACT customers will be charged on the Monday. QLD customers will be charged on the Friday. Please note, that if your card is declined the charge dates may vary.
- You can change your order anytime. However, to ensure the changes are effected for your next delivery you must notify us of the change before the deadline for your region. The deadlines are:
- Tuesday midnight prior to delivery for ACT Customers.
- Tuesday midnight prior to delivery for NSW Sydney, Central Coast, Newcastle & Wollongong Customers.
- Sunday midnight prior to delivery for QLD Customers.
- You can pause your order at anytime. All orders can be put on hold for a maximum of 4 weeks. If you would like to extend this please contact us.
- You can cancel your direct debit at any time. However, please note that any payments already taken from your account will not be refunded. To cancel your direct debit please contact us.
- We deliver to areas in ACT, NSW and QLD. A flat rate is charged for each delivery based on your suburb. You can get more information about our delivery regions on our Delivery Page.
- If you are not home at time of delivery we will leave the esky at the front door or in an area specified by you in the "Additional Info" section when placing your order. The dry ice/ice packs in the esky allows it to be left in a shaded area for up to 5 hours (this may change based on weather temperature). My Muscle Chef Pty Ltd will not be liable for any damage to the product if left outside for extended periods of time nor if box is damaged or stolen after delivery.
- It is your obligation to enter the correct delivery address details at time of ordering. If you enter the wrong address, we are not obliged to re-send the order to the correct address at our expense.
- We will provide you with an estimated date of delivery of your meals and will make every effort to deliver by this date.
- If you live in a secured apartment complex, please ensure you are home to receive your delivery. If no one is available to collect your delivery please arrange a suitable time with our staff prior to the delivery date. If our driver is unable to access the apartment you will have to organise a different delivery date for an extra charge.
- If you are picking up your meals from a pickup location it is your responsibility to pickup the meals on the day of delivery within the specified time frame. There are no referigeration facilities at our pickup locations and the meals will begin to thaw out after 12 hours. Please note, depending on the pickup location, all uncollected meals will be disposed off after a 24-48 hour period as the meals will be completely defrosted and unsafe to consume. MMC will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting from failure to pickup the meals on the day of delivery.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to inform My Muscle Chef Pty Ltd by calling us on 1300 364 993 if an order does not arrive. Once we learn an order has not arrived on the due date, we will enquire into it to ensure delivery occurs as soon as possible. We will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting from late delivery.
- Any transactions or purchases online can be made via MasterCard, Visa, Paypal only. All transactions are processed via our partner payment service Braintree Payments (a Paypal company). You can view their terms here.
- All payments have to be made before your purchase can be delivered. When paying by card, if you have insufficient funds in your account or the card declines - the purchase will not go through. For direct transfers, your meals will only be delivered once the transfer has been completed.
- If you cannot pay using the methods above, please contact us on 1300 364 993 and we can try organise a solution for you.
All credit card payments are processed securely through a PCI compliant Payment Gateway (Braintree Payments) and payments are made directly through 256 bit SSL Encryption software to ensure your personal details are kept safe. My Muscle Chef Pty Ltd does not store any credit card information on our servers. We may also change or add additional payment gateways to our website in the future. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However we are not liable for any unauthorised access to this information.
- Acceptance of Order
We reserve the right to accept or reject your order for any reason, such as the unavailability of any product or service, an error in the price of the product or service or an error in your order.
- Order Cancellations By Us
We reserve the right not to provide goods or services, remove or cancel orders (or part thereof) at our sole discretion at any time. Without limiting the operation of any other Terms and Conditions herein, we will not be held liable for loss or damage arising from the exercising of these rights.
- Discounts & Promotions
Discounts or promotion codes are non-transferable and cannot be transferred or refunded for cash. Furthermore, My Muscle Chef Pty Ltd reserves the right to cancel any promotion or discount without prior notice. Only a single discount or promotion code per order and cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or promotions.
PT Referral Program
We reserve the right to suspend your account and/or revoke any and all referral credits at any time if we feel they were earned inappropriately.
The commission is a flat referral credit of $25 per order (excluding cancelled or refunded orders) or 25% cash value of $25 credit. You need to accrue a minimum of $100.00 before any cash transactions can be made to your account.
You have wide variety of meals to choose from so please order your plan carefully. After placing your order please review your meal plan and contact us immediately if a mistake has been made. We do not give refunds if you simply change your mind or make a wrong decision.
You will only be given a refund or exchange in the instance your meal order is wrong and/or different to what you purchased online. Please contact us immediately on 1300 364 993 if this occurs or email us at email@example.com
We reserve the right to suspend your account and/or revoke any and all referral credits at any time if we feel they were earned inappropriately.