The Best Way To Lose Weight Fast
Discover the best way to lose weight fast that is safe and sustainable! My Muscle Chef has the support and resources to help you on your weight loss journey. Here are some of our top tips to get started.
Setting realistic goals
When it comes to successful weight loss, setting realistic goals for yourself is essential for many reasons! First of all, you don’t want to feel like you’ve let yourself down if those numbers aren’t adding up to those on your wishlist. Losing weight shouldn’t happen overnight – in fact, losing weight too quickly can be harmful to your health, and it's not sustainable in the long term. Instead of focusing on a specific number on the scale, try setting a goal to lose a certain amount of weight per week or month.
Focusing on nutrition
Ultimately, to lose weight you’ll need to be in a calorie deficit. This means you’ll need to be burning more calories than you consume. There are two things you can do to enhance this: consuming fewer calories and exercising effectively. When it comes to your diet, here are some habits we recommend incorporating into your regime.
- Reduce the number of processed foods and added sugars in your diet.
- Focus on eating whole, unprocessed foods like fruits, vegetables, lean protein and healthy fats. Lean protein and healthy fats are particularly beneficial for weight loss, so focus on incorporating these into your diet.
- Follow a dietitian-approved nutrition program, like one of the My Muscle Chef plans. It’s a great way to stay on track without using extra time and energy to count the calories yourself.
- Pay attention to portion sizes and aim to eat until you're satisfied, not stuffed. Finishing when you’re 80% full is always a good way to go!
- To make sure you’re in a calorie deficit, track your food and drink intake with an old-school food diary or a nutrition-tracking app.
In addition to your diet, taking part in regular exercise is a crucial part of any weight loss plan. Here are some tips for exercising to lose weight.
- Aim for at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise per week, or 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity exercise. A combination of weight and cardio training will help you lose fat while building muscle. To speed up your weight loss journey, prioritise cardio training or HIIT (high-intensity interval training), but be sure to give yourself enough time to recover between workouts.
- Mix up your workouts to keep things interesting and work different muscle groups. The good news is, there are plenty of types of exercise, so find a couple that you love and alternate between them. Trying something new can be a fun way to workout too. You never know until you try!
- Don't be afraid to seek help from a personal trainer or exercise professional if you need guidance on starting a new exercise program.
- Find a workout buddy! We get it, sometimes finding the motivation to exercise is challenging. Working out with a friend will get you out of bed to exercise, probably more frequently than you would by yourself.
Keeping a holistic health routine
Though they are key to your weight loss journey, nutrition and exercise aren’t everything. Here are some extra points to take into consideration.
- Stay hydrated by drinking around 2 to 2.5L of water per day. Water can help you feel full and satisfied, which can make it easier to stick to your diet and lose weight faster.
- Get enough sleep! Aim for 7 to 9 hours per night. Sleep helps to regulate appetite and metabolism while keeping energy levels high.
- Seek support from friends, family, or a professional. Losing weight can be difficult, but you don't have to tackle it alone. Consider joining a support group or working with a professional to help you on your journey.
- Be patient, consistent and kind to yourself. And remember, enjoy the process!